Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

Another Father's Day has come and gone. It was just another day for me, but it will be a good day next year. LeAnn is 27 weeks along and doing very well. The baby is developing just as it is supposed to. The doctor said that the baby is about 6 days ahead of schedule, but that may change. They will not change her due date until she is either 10 days after or before her due date. We are hoping for after (so LeAnn can be home for Christmas).

On Saturday, I got my new car. It is a khaki 2009 Hyundai Sonata. I really like it (especially the radio, which is controlled by the steering wheel and has XM Satellite Radio). It runs really smooth, compared to my truck. We got a smoking deal on it. I am also averaging 28-29 miles per gallon (a whole lot better than the 20-22 that I was getting in my truck).

In less than a week, I start working again. I want it to hurry up, as I am getting bored around the house. The school board needs to approve my hiring before I am official (which will happen tomorrow). After this, I should get quite a bit of paperwork to fill out and find out where I will be working. I will also find out who is under me.

We are going to go and do our final baby registry today. For those of you who can make it, the baby shower is scheduled for 2pm on August 22nd. LeAnn is registered at Baby's R Us, Target, and Amazon.Com (Amazon had a great deal and allows us to put items from any website onto one registry).

That's it for now. Have a good week!

David

PS - Please pray for Katie and her job situation. It is not a happy one right now.

No comments: