Thursday, July 2, 2009

4th of July Weekend

The holiday weekend has officially started for me. I got out of work at 2:45 today (we get out 45 minutes early on holiday weekends). LeAnn is sleeping. Work has been good. I have now started and am slowly assuming my new duties. Right now, the elementary and middle schools are shut down. Only the High Schools are open. I am in charge of 3 people and have 11 schools under me. With school starting in 7 weeks (and one is gone with training), It will be a challenge to get to all of the schools and make sure they are all up and running. I plan on having the schools under contract reimaged within the next couple of weeks. After that, we will all be prepared to go and work on getting all of the non-contract schools done. It will be busy starting next week.

LeAnn is also working hard. She has entered the home stretch for the baby (less than 3 months to go now). She is now looking pregnant (at least to me). We are still preparing the baby's room, looking for items, and just getting ourselves prepared for our new arrival.

We had a microburst hit our house this week during monsoon storms. It took off a total of 10 tiles. Luckily, it didn't break the tar paper because it did rain the next two days before they could get it fixed. At least nothing else was damaged and nobody was hurt.

Not much else is going on. I hope everyone has a happy 4th of July.

Please pray for Katie, LeAnn and the baby, and for all of you who will be traveling over this long weekend.

David

No comments: