Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weekly Update

We have had a pretty good week. My parents returned from Wyoming on Tuesday, where they spread my grandmother's ashes.

On Wednesday night, we got a very bad thunderstorm. The satellite went out for a couple of hours due to the storm. We had hail and a crazy dog. Luckily, it was over before I went to bed and the crazy Lucky dog calmed down. Right now, the storms seem to be every other day. It sure is nice to get some rain (especially when it is expected to be 112 today).

My first full week of work went ok. Nothing big happened (other than an AC unit freezing with 2-4 inches of ice, including all the refrigerant pipes). Next week, we have training on Thursday and Friday. Nothing big, but important stuff. I am trying to get into schools to set up my techs with locations. It is hard when the staff is on vacation until August and the maintenance staff is waxing the floors.

LeAnn is doing good. The pregnancy is in about 10 weeks. Luckily, we have most of the nursery ready to go. The dresser is still not here, but the baby does have somewhere to sleep. We got a pack and play from Craigslist (Thanks Steve and Donna) and it is exactly what we wanted. LeAnn is more tired then ever due to the baby. Nathan is kicking a lot and wiggling around even more. Every time I try to feel him kick, he stops moving and doesn't want me to feel. I guess I just calm him down.

For those of you who don't know, LeAnn's baby shower is August 22nd. Announcements should be sent out fairly quickly. We have registered at Babies R Us and Target. Also, we have a universal registry located on Amazon.

I hope everybody stays dry and cool. Have a good week.

David

No comments: