Monday, June 8, 2009

Sad News

Just another short post.

My Grandmother died this afternoon at around 5pm. She was in a hospital in Wyoming, surrounded by family when she died. She will be missed but not forgotten. We all have several great memories of her, and some not so great.

The best memory that LeAnn has was when we went up there before Easter and took her a bouquet of flowers. She kept those flowers until they all died.

My favorite memories all involve going up there when I was little. I liked to run the horn on the golf cart my grandmother and grandfather used to have. I also remember climbing the grapefruit tree and picking the fruit in the middle. I also used to go up there and get into the closet, where they always had a bag of marshmellows. More recently, I remember going up there to visit, her coming down for Christmas, always wishing she could give me more (She never realized that she gave me more than she will ever realize, she gave birth to my Father and kept me entertained for hours on end).

Even though she was not the most friendly to be around at times, I still loved her. She will be missed and remembered for all the wonderful things she did. I love you Grandma. May you rest in piece......

David

1 comment:

Dena said...

Our Love and thoughts are with you.

Aunt Dena & Uncle Juan