Thursday, June 18, 2009

Great News!!!!!

Hi everybody.

Just before LeAnn left for work tonight, I got a phone call. This was the best phone call so far this month. I just got offered the Lead tech position with TUSD. This means that I have a full-time 12 month position. This comes with a substantial pay raise and responsibility level. I am sooooo happy.

In other news, I also had 2 interviews today (less than 6 hours apart). This wasn't that big of a deal (both for the aforementioned position).

We have decided on a name for baby Totten. The baby's name is Nathan Douglas. This is the compromise that we came up with, because I wanted James Douglas and LeAnn wanted something else (sorry LeAnn, I can't remember what it was). From now on, we are going to refer to the baby at Nathan.

I am also cleaning up the garage in anticipation of the big event, I finally get a car with air conditioning. We should be able to get a new car this weekend. This will be in preparation for the baby's arrival and needed transportation. LeAnn and I have looked at a Hyundai Sonata and she fits easily in it. She may need to start driving it as she gets bigger (and looks more pregnant).

That is all for tonight. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

Please continue to pray for Katie and her job situation, LeAnn and baby Nathan, and Donna.

I hope you all have a good week.

David

2 comments:

kTb said...

Such good news about the job, now Mace has an "in" with his techno-unsavvyness!
Good luck with that car hunt...buying a car is such a stressful "chore" and to do it pregnant...poor LeAnn!
I've been there, done that and glad I never have to do it again!!

Amy said...

Nathan is a wonderful name! It was on my list of possibles. Nathan Douglas Totten has a great rhythm.