Saturday, May 2, 2009

A new Month, and some good news

I hope everybody is doing ok. We are starting to do better. I have found out from TS that I am a very valuable asset to them, considering some of the things that I have done in a very short time. They have let me know that the odds are extremely good that I will be hired back next year. That means that right now, my hours will be cut. The one good thing is that they are working on getting us back to 8 hours at the high schools only. We are more than busy for this, and 6 hours is not enough time to do anything. I also applied for a year-round position as a lead technician. This would be an upgrade for me. TS also says that I have a good shot at this position, which is what I would prefer.

LeAnn is working her normal days. Last week, she had to work 4 days straight. It was not good. This week, she worked 3 straight days. She is tired. From now on, she is going to split up her work days to work no more than 2 in a row. In the long run, this will help her out.

My grandmother went into ICU last week. LeAnn and I went to Phoenix with my parents on Sunday. She looked good, but was having trouble breathing. They had her on breathing treatments. Yesterday, she was discharged from the hospital. They placed her into a care home (possibly hospice). The doctor's are not letting my parents know what is going on. She had 2 MRI's of her head over the past week. They also said that she would not be allowed to go home again by herself. My parents are up in Phoenix this weekend to find out what is going on. My aunt is flying in Sunday to be there as well. Hopefully, they will find out something out this week.

On the baby front, we now have a fully-assembled crib and stroller. Steve and Donna bought us a crib a couple of weeks ago, and I put it together last weekend. My parents purchased a travel system (car seat and stroller). I have been cleaning up the front bedroom to get the furniture that is needed for the baby. It is a long process, but it is starting to take shape. Next Friday, we have the 20 week ultrasound, where they should be able to tell the sex. They will also have a better idea of the delivery date at that time. I am looking forward to this appointment.

I have got to go and put LeAnn to bed, as she is falling asleep on the couch. Have a safe week and we will let you know what the baby is (hopefully) next week.

Please pray for my grandmother and the latest developments in her cancer battle. Also pray for Katie and her job situation. Continue to pray for my job situation. Finally, pray for the continued good health of the baby and LeAnn.

David

No comments: