Saturday, November 15, 2008

November 15, 2008

Greetings

It has been nearly 3 weeks since we last updated everybody. I have been at my job at Rincon High School for over a month. It seems like so long ago that I started. I am very busy (mostly trying to get my pay paperwork corrected, which should happen on Monday). I have started to update all of the computers on campus (this will take several months due to the fact that they have been neglected for nearly 2 years). At the same time, I am running the website (yes, I created the whole thing), monitoring the computer lab, building several new labs, and running all over campus with various problems. This past week, I had to attend manditory training on software that I have been using for nearly a month. I didn't really learn anything important, but it was nice to get away from campus for several hours. I did monitor my site while I was away, and ended up fixing a couple of problems while I was there. As part of the website duties, I get to take a lot of pictures. My goal is to take nearly 3000 pictures by Christmas break (December 18th) and have them all displayed on the website. This will be quite a task, considering everything else that I have to do.

LeAnn has been working a lot. She just got off her 8 days off, but we had a yard sale and other things that we were doing. We got rid of some items, but need to give the rest of it to charity. Last night, LeAnn told me they had 33 babies, with a lack of nurses to care for them. They were REALLY busy. She said she was very tired today. Luckily this is her last night for several days. She has to work on Thanksgiving (Wednesday - Friday nights), with possible call on Tuesday. Luckily, she does not have to work on Christmas. She has also been applying for a day position. God willing, this will happen soon.

We plan on doing Thanksgiving with the family on Friday and Sunday. On Friday, we will be over and Steve and Donna's house for our traditional Thanksgiving. Then on Sunday, we will celebrate Thanksgiving with my parents.

As my parents are currently out of town, I pray for their safe return and travels. I also pray for Katie's health and safety, as she had the flu this week. I also pray for Donna and her health, and for Steve to have the love and compassion to help her as needed.

We send our love to all and Kisses from Max and Lucky, especially Max.

David

No comments: